About Me

When life knocks you to your knees, remember that you're always in a perfect position to pray.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

If you plan to read this, I warn you that much of the material here will actually be quite a bore.  There is no sex.  There is no swearing or cussing of any kind.  There won't be any lewd pictures here if that is more to your liking.

In all honesty, I do this because sometimes I feel I have no one to talk to, no one who really understands me.  So I voice out what I feel through written (or rather, typed) words.

If there is anything to be said about me, let it be this:  I am no one special.  I doubt I'll discover anything, write anything popular, or create something worthwhile while I live and breathe.  I doubt anyone will really remember my name or even my face.  I'm rather ordinary and not much to look at in face or in bodily form.  I don't have very many talents and the ones that I do possess seem more like curses rather than blessings.

Although I lack many things, the one that I actually do have, however, is eternal life with Jesus Christ.  And it's a constant struggle every day to think, to speak, to act, and react just like Him.


It grieves me (though it shouldn't), that I struggle as hard as I do.  But Christ never promised that it'd be easy.  Following Him, is and will always be the easiest and yet, the hardest thing to do as a resident of Earth.


I'll never be rid of the imperfections that haunt me, and yet, I can wholly fall on Him and His perfection.  I'd rather rely on that than my own power anyway.


In fact, the reason behind the title of this blog ties into what I'm talking about now.  Christ is coming back soon and it will be quick; in the blink of an eye.


What my role is and what I'm suppose to do right now still baffles me.  Quite frankly, I don't know.  I don't know what I'm suppose to do while I'm at home or at school or at work.  I don't know what exactly it is that I should be learning or practicing.


I know I should be doing something, but I don't know what.  I expect to be doing something important and exciting and yet I'm stuck at home most of the time.


Perhaps though, my important role for now is to be at home...to take care of the family, the house and everything in it.  Part of me doesn't see it as very important, but although there is a bit of doubt in my step, I'll still take it.


There's a reason for my position here as a caretaker.  Instead of complaining, I should embrace it.  After all, everything is a gift from the Lord.  I should be thankful in all circumstances.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "...give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 

It's not an option either.  It's a command. I should really stop being a pessimist and just pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment